Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Hurdling from party to party, seducing everyone in all directions!"

^Only half accurate. Sally Bowles put it in such perfect words, I couldn't bring myself to ruin the quote by removing the seduction part.

So I've been to 3 parties in 2 days: a birthday bar jam, a tea-party-themed bridal shower and a goodbye party thinly disguised as a staff bowling night. Probably best that we didn't actually wind up going bowling, as I was still dressed to the bridal shower nines, in silver jeweled wedges, a watercolour dress and faux pearls of Wilma Flintstone proportions. I had gym socks in my glitter clutch though, ready to bust a bowling move in some rented shoes. Instead I got to eat a chorizo burrito and go for ice cream after, so I am a happy camper.

Two more parties on this week's agenda, and one of them is my art opening! To change quote-gears and move over to Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it's freaking me out!" I've been fretting, typing up stuff, painting and yes, darlings, I have indeed been shellacking (a non-toxic product, lord knows I get loopy when using products with fumes. The time I introduced myself as Janet Rino to a ceiling support column in the Art Room AND the time I announced that I was a goldfish who was feeling "grey" were both occurences involving artsy toxins such as hi-gloss spray varnish and rubber cement).

My eyes do feel googly at the moment, but i suspect that's more from tiredness and heat than any fumes.

Going to the fake beach with my friend tomorrow after tackling a mountain of tasks at kinkos in the morning!

*Sequin*

No comments:

Post a Comment